Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Makeup Review: Art Deco Eyeshadow Base

Photo credits: http://www.artdeco.org.uk



I am a big fan of eyeshadows but that doesn't end there. One must have a reliable and efficient eyeshadow base or primer to go with it. This goes especially for those with oily lids like mine.

I use an expensive brand to make my shadows last long but it is making a big damage to my wallet. Then, I was introduced to Art Deco Eyeshadow Base, which is actually half the price of what I have been using. So, what I did was go to the nearest drugstore and bought one.

It comes in a cute, little packaging; a small, black jar which is pleasing to the eyes. But hygiene wise, it's a no-no, since you have to dip your fingers in the jar every so often. It will be best to use a spatula or take out a small amount out and place it in your hand and work your way there.

Then came the road test. The product is creamy when applied to the eyelids but it has a slight pearl color. That goes good for my shimmery eyeshadows as it makes the color pop out, making it more pigmented. However, it doesn't go well with my matte eyeshadows if I intend to keep them that way. With the pearl color the cream comes with, my my matte eyeshadows goes out as shimmery! I don't think that would be a good idea if you're applying day makeup or one that should be used in the office.

Months after, the creamy base is no longer creamy. It hardened and became difficult to apply. It cakes up, too, at times. In short, it was no longer of use to me even if the jar is still half-full. So the price is not worth it after all since I am unable to use up the product. Will I buy again? No.


4 comments:

  1. Hi! Just hopping...

    I like your blog,keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! I have been reading a lot of reviews about this brand. This helps a lot. :)

    I'm a new follower. Hope you can follow me back. Thanks! :)

    http://oh-my-maria.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the warning ! I also buy the expensive ones because I'm after the quality... and like you, I have an oily skin, making me need for special types of make-up products. Back then, I tried buying the cheaper ones since I wanted to save up but I ended up with an uber damaged skin... It's better to spend to maintain a great skin than spend MORE to restore what has been damaged. prevention is expensive but your wallet's more damaged if everything needs to be beautified again. =\


    And btw, I'm touched with your comments... =) SOrry I wasn't able to reply right away... =( it's good u were able to find me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bechay - Thanks for dropping by.. and thank you for your recent post about Jason Statham! :D

    @Maria - You're welcome. And thanks for being a follower. By the way, I've checked your blog and it's interesting! I followed you, too, to make sure I won't miss your posts. :)

    @Traveliztera - "Sometimes" the price justifies the quality talaga noh? And really, I super love your blog. I wanna buy the Jillian Michaels video to start! :)

    ReplyDelete